Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Getting laid off:

I was working at Comcast for about eleven months and was starting to really hate it. Everyday my boss would get more and more annoying and the customers were very mean and irate. On Monday my boss was very nice and wasn’t bothering anyone or listening to any calls. I didn’t think anything of it since she used to be nice in the beginning. Then we were called for a meeting. They told us we were being outsourced and everyone was being laid off in my department. I felt relieved I didn’t have to work but was shocked that they didn’t give us a two weeks notice since they expect us to do so when we quit. The young people working there didn’t care because they didn’t have anything to pay and we could find a part time job anywhere but the older ones did. There were many moms with kids they had to support and bills they have to pay. This made me realize that big company don’t care about there workers just about their profit. I think it was unfair what they did because you need at least a week to look for another job.

No comments: